Celebrate! An Advent prayer service that featured the recommitments of Viatorian associates and jubilees of professed members — from the Bourbonnais/Kankakee region alone — took place this month, and the evening was filled with joy.
The celebration took place at St. George Parish in Bourbonnais, where six associates were recognized along with four priests celebrating milestones as Viatorians. They included:
- Fr. Donald Wehnert, 70 years of religious life
- Fr. John Peeters, 60 years of religious life
- Fr. Patrick Render, 60 years of religious life
- Fr. Daniel Belanger, 25 years of religious life
- Associates Ken and Michelle Barrie recognized for 15 years as associates
- Associates David and Susan Surprenant recognized for 15 years as associates
- Associates Curt and Kathleen Saindon made commitments for another five years
- Associates Robert and Julie Lampley made commitments for another three years
Fr. Daniel Hall, CSV, Provincial led the service and accepted the recommitments of the associates. He also presented each priest with a token of appreciation, for their service to the Viatorian Community and the wider church.
“We normally have these celebrations at our Provincial Assembly, when we are all together,” Fr. Hall said, “but in these unusual times we’ve had to adapt and we are now celebrating them regionally.
“Each of these Viatorians add so much to extend the mission of the Viatorian Community,” he added. “We are grateful for their continued commitment.”