A new exhibit has been hung at the Province Center in celebration of St. Viator Church in Chicago. The church is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year (1888 – 2013) and the school just celebrated its 110th anniversary (1902 – 2012).
A map was drawn up to show the original boundaries of the parish compared with the boundaries today. Pins on the map locate the various institutions – where they were established and moved – as well as the various churches in the Archdiocese that were established as the area quickly grew in population.
The display describes the history of the parish at the beginning on Belmont and Crawford with its early Viatorian pastors until its move to Addison St. then jumps to what’s going on at the parish today under the pastorship of Fr. Charles Bolser, CSV. The parish has been under the leadership of the Viatorian Community since its establishment in 1888. So there is much to celebrate!
The exhibit will be on display from September through Novemeber. Stop by to read more of the historical details, see photos of the pastors and buildings and a few artifacts from the archives’ collection.