Nearly six months into his job as Vice President of Viatorian Identity and Mission at Saint Viator High School, Br. John Eustice, CSV, says the job continues to unfold. He cites several groups at the school who have come to him asking how to make the Viatorian mission more central to their roles.
Here’s a short list:
- Directors of the Querbes Scholars program want help in enhancing the faith dimension of their program.
- The Assistant Principal wants help in articulating what is a Viatorian education.
- LINK Crew and Freshman Orientation committee want to develop a way to immerse freshmen into the faith aspect of the school — on their very first day.
- Athletics officials want to develop ways to integrate the mission of the school with their coaches and student athletes.
- Campus Ministry constantly looks at ways to highlight the Viatorian mission in their Christian service requirements, retreats and liturgies.
- Adult Faith Formation members are looking at ways to introduce first and second year teachers to the Viatorian charism.
- Faith Formation Team members meet regularly to collaborate on initiatives in Adult Faith Formation, Campus Ministry, Theology Department and Viatorians in the building.
Br. John is used to wearing many hats — and promoting the Viatorian mission. He also serves as Director of Vocation Ministry and brings his recent experience in young adult ministry at Maternity BVM Parish in Bourbonnais, to the table. Accompanying young people on their faith journey, continues to drive him.
“I help them to find evidence of Christ active in the ordinary, every day experiences,” he says, “and assist them in building a deeper relationship with him.”