The Washington-based Latin America Working Group aims to ensure that United States policies protect migrants and human rights, uphold justice, and advance environmental and economic rights.
In the group’s latest newsletter, The Advocate, its articles document the impact of COVID-19 in Latin America, including warning about repressive actions taken by some governments in the name of COVID-19 and the unequal impact of governments’ responses to the pandemic.
Specifically, in this issue, you will find:
- COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: A Deadly Virus in a Vulnerable Region
- Protecting Asylum Seekers & Migrants during a Global Pandemic
- Infographic: Asylum Seekers at Our Border in Times of COVID-19
- Colombia: The Peace Accords Belong to Us
- Voces from Casa del Migrante de Saltillo
- How Corruption Fuels Migration: The Case of Honduras