Viatorians Endorse the SOA Watch at the Mexican Border
October 4, 2016
The Viatorian Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Office is endorsing the SOA Watch Convergence at the Mexican Border October 7-10, 2016.
Vigils, protests and workshops at the Eloy Detention Center, in Tucson, and in Nogales, Arizona/ Sonora at the border wall will take place.
Visit the convergence webpage for more information: http://SOAW.org/border The convergence is calling for:
- an end to the destructive U.S. military, economic, and political interventions in the Americas.
- de-militarization of the border; we need to build bridges, not walls.
- dismantling the racist and sexist systems that steal from, criminalize, and kill migrants, refugees, natives, gender non-conforming people, communities of color, and others throughout the hemisphere.
- respect, dignity, justice and self-determination for all communities, especially the poor and most vulnerable
- no more profits over people; private military, prison, oil, mining, and other corporations should not determine our future or that of the earth.